In the midst of the paper cutting project, I got a bit distracted and decided to fiddle about with some rubber and a lino-cutter. I started off with the pattern that I was playing around with in my paper cutting project, but then decided I'd like a regular old flower instead.
By the way, I've cut myself at least 3 times. In Ramadaan it was hard for me to control my frustration and not yell out, 'S#!^' every time I stabbed myself. Linocutting is not for sissies. Keep band-aids nearby - and perhaps some protective gloves.
After creating my rubber stamp, I decided to test it on a piece of fabric (which is somewhere around) and as it turns out, I'm pretty pleased with my first shot at lino cutting and printing. I'm going to fiddle a bit with the design and once I find a trusty roller, I'll (hopefully) create some designs to share on here! :)